10 Percent Bigger

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Not everything can be funny ...

Not every post can be funny. In fact, this one is probably going to be downright depressing. I think this Christmas Eve makes 20 years since I have seen my biological father. It's either 19 years or 20 years, I can't really recall. That in itself is a little depressing.

I'm 31. That means that it's been close to 66% of my life has been without him. Most likely for the better. Yet, I still wonder. Why? I don't have any kids, but I think if I did not seeing them for 20 years would destroy me. How can I be related to someone who doesn't care? At what point do you just say fuck it?

It's funny what you remember. We went to eat at Hart's Chicken. He gave me a bicycle (a red ten speed). Then left. For the longest time I thought he was dead. Turns out he isn't. In the end, we probably are better off, but yet ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home