10 Percent Bigger

Friday, May 04, 2007

A little less of me to go around ...

Well, it really was time. I am preparing for a Jiu Jitsu tournament, and decided I really needed to crack down on my weight. Let me tell you, it isn't fun. Not even a little bit. Some background. Like most guys, when I was younger I could eat. Alot. Large pizza? Sure, what are you having? Two burgers two fries two drinks? Sounds tasty, can I get a corndog and an icecream also? Of course, I was actively playing sports, and growing. Now, if I even smell french fries my body starts packing on the pounds. To the point that I have been as high as 300 lbs. With a steady workout, I had cut it to around 285, but was obviously still too big. Bleh.

So, about 4 weeks ago, I decided enough was enough. I cranked up the treadmill, and started buying water by the case. Limiting myself to roughly 1500 Calories a day, cutting booze, cokes, anything high in fat, and most red meat (I had beef fajita once and a small steak another time), I have managed to lose 22 lbs. My goal for the tournament was a bit aggressive at 250, but I should get close. At that time, I will take about two weeks off the hardcore diet then back on it for another month or so. At that rate, I hope to hit 220 by the end of July.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Wishin luck to both of us.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home