10 Percent Bigger

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

“Whenever a doctor cannot do good, he must be kept from doing harm.”

I'm not the best patient. In fact i'm not what one could consider "patient" at all. (Cue the collective gasp from my reader.)

I did however spend 90% of my waking hours over the last two weeks in the walking boot seen below.


(Incidentally, it's isn't easy to shoot pictures of your own foot).

Back on target, Dr.'s office today. The foot seems to be healing well, but he wants me to wear the boot for another 2 weeks. Crap. No BJJ, no working out, basically I get to take all the recent gains I made, and throw them out the window. Wow that sucks.

Also, I think this Doc might know me too well (or he has an inside source). I complained the boot hurt (apparently he remembered I popped my own toe in place when it was last dislocated), cause he wanted to know where it hurt and what pain level. Damn him and his questions. I explained it was my calf and shin. At that point, he told me the boot was supposed to slow me down. Right. He then makes the statement "You haven't slowed down a bit, have you?". Me? Moi? I will have him know that I even took the elevator down today instead of the stairs. And yes, I did hop down a couple stairs at lunch on Saturday, but it wasn't that big of a deal 7 stairs max. He wasn't impressed. Two more weeks of boot, one week of tennis shoes only, then back to see him.

So, what does this mean? 5 total weeks without BJJ. My conditioning has gone to shite, I missed 1 tournament and 2 seminars. Oh, and I got fatter cause I can't work out. [sarcasm]F'ng brilliant![/sarcasm]

At least I have my camera. More pictures on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10percentbigger/sets/

1 Comments:

Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Bummer on the boot. Love the pics. Is that Hannah? Animals look great. And the flowers - ah... Austin in spring time. Time to make Prickly Pear Jelly.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home