10 Percent Bigger

Friday, August 10, 2007

I like the Harry Potter series ...

I like Harry Potter and I'm not afraid to say it. I originally started reading the series because SWMBO (AKA my beautiful wife) used/uses them in her classroom. I really enjoyed the stories, and immediately became hooked. It was however a bittersweet ending, since I was really looking forward to finding out what happens, but I didn't want the series to end.

I won't go into details, so we don't need any spoiler warnings, but I thought she really tied the books up nicely with the last one. I do hope that more stories are written about the characters introduced in the prologue, but if they aren't it would still be ok.

I know many folks think J.K. Rowling is a poor author, and that kids should be reading more literature or classics, but anything that gets kids reading is fine with me.

For those that are interested, I did all the sorting tests I could find online, and I almost always came out Gryffindor followed closely by Slytherin. SWMBO was always Gryffindor/Ravenclaw (but I suspect she cheated a bit).

1 Comments:

Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Despite my intense desire to start this series I decided to wait until Z is old enough to read them and then we can discover them together. The anticipation is delicious. :-)

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home