10 Percent Bigger

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pineapple salsa

Hammer posted a couple recipes for Salsa, and I wanted to add my favorite as well. Pineapple Salsa. It's sweet, hot, and good. I love hot food. Not spicey, but hot. To that end, I often have to make my own salsa (technically I don't have to, I just prefer to). Salsa is generally an easy thing to make. Good ingredients will almost guarantee a good product.

Fresh ingredients
1 fresh Pineapple - cored then cubed
2 Habaneros - chopped
4 Jalapenos - chopped
4 Serranos - chopped
1/2 Red Onion - chopped
4 Green Onions - diced
1 bunch Cilantro (sub mint if you don't like Cilantro) - rough chopped

Dry ingredients - all to taste
Fresh ground black pepper
Pinch of good salt
Chipotle powder
Ancho powder
Comino
Cayenne
Chilepitin

Throw this all in the food processor, and process until you reach your desired consistency. Serve cold.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Thanks for the recipe. I love comino in my salsas.

I sure wish I could find some chile pequins. To me they are the best tasting out there.

Throw a couple into spaghetti sauce and it's like heaven!

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a local "supplier". A guy I know grows them, and he gave me a big bag of them dried and ground.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home