10 Percent Bigger

Monday, March 09, 2009

The joy of shooting

Yesterday I packed up my CZ 452 and a couple boxes of ammo and trucked on out to the range. I didn't bring any super fancy hand canons, or any tactical tupperware, but just the .22. I had a ball. I forgot how fun it can be to simply try and shot small groups with a bolt-action .22. First I had to get the scope configured. Again, nothing fancy (spartan would be more precise), a Cabelas Pine Ridge in 3x9x40. Out of the box it was low and right, but grouping well. Over the next 50 minutes I got the scope semi-dialed in and the groups dropped. I still have some work to do, but the last 5 rounds could be covered by a dime. Of course, that was only at 25 yards, but I'm going to keep trying till I can do it at further distances.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Home on the Range said...

Sounds like a fun day. I worked through yesterday and this afternoon there's just time to meet the gang at the brew pub, not enough time to go shooting before catching another flight out of Dodge in the early hours to go back to work.

I bought a .22 just for that, inexpensive weekend target shooting.
Hard to beat.

12:05 PM  
Blogger none said...

That makes for a relaxing day.

I do .22 rifle when I go shooting alone and don't have to worry about others getting bored.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home