10 Percent Bigger

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

More photography coming

Lately I haven't been able to find my muse. The camera just hasn't been calling to me. Might be the 700 pictures I took while in Rockport (which reminds me, I need to burn those to DVD for the Bride & Groom).

However, I have been fascinated by a dumb little plastic camera. The Holga. So, while ordering a new flash from B&H (Canon 430 EX II), I added a Holga and 120 film to my order. Shooting film is more intimidating for me. You don't know if you did it right until possibly weeks later, and by then it is way too late. On the other hand, shooting digital can lead to being lazy. Light isn't right? Shoot it, it might come out or we can just do it again. Lazy.

Hopefully this little plastic camera is just the muse I need to get me back on track. My current project is portraits of interesting people in their work environment. Admittedly, the only picture I have taken so far is of my tattoo artist, but since I go see him on Saturday I might re-shoot with the Holga. Depends on how I feel after another 3-4 hour tattoo session.

Fair warning, more crappy photography is coming. Might even shoot some pictures of the owls I'm having tattooed on my chest.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Home on the Range said...

The muse for anyone occasionally moves to Fargo. Keep with it. We enjoy it.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home