10 Percent Bigger

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Guess who likes sleeping in his own bed?

This guy! Back from Vegas on Thursday (technically it was Friday morning). I managed to get dressed for work on Friday, and packed for BJJ in Dallas on Saturday. I worked through lunch and left a couple minutes early for Dallas. Weighed in at the tournament (231.7 - damn, still a super heavyweight) then off to Love field to pick up my Big Sis - NuttnBunny the crafty knitting queen.

From there we got checked into the Hotel, and after solving only a few problems (she not me) we went to dinner. I always forget how snooty Big D can be. Not that I minded, as we were Rico Suave, but still it ain't Austin. Brisket tacos at Mia's. Awesome. Queso at Mia's. Bleh. It might be the first time anyone put Chicken stock in queso. Bad things man.

Back to the hotel, where I had an "interesting" conversation with a hotel employee. Seems they were having a prom there. Parking was insane. After we dropped off The behemoth, I forgot I left a pistol in the vehicle. When I explained I needed to grab something, the guy who was helping us said he would just go grab whatever it was. I explained that the something I forgot was a pistol, and I would prefer to grab it myself. The look on his face was priceless. Needless to say, he showed me to my truck and I secured it myself.

BJJ tournament the next day was a big let down. The tournament was well run (except for this odd 45 minute rambling rules speech/rant the owner went on). Rather, my performance was a letdown. I lost to a guy who was much better then most intermediate guys I have rolled with in No-gi, and may or may not run a gym *coughsandbaggercough*. In Gi my performance was a little better, I couldn't finish my triangle choke and lost on points, then was injured during my second match (I didn't think I had a second match) when a rib popped out of socket. When my competitor slid up into a high Kesa Gatame right over the rib, I tapped. A little ice and an Aleve/Advil cocktail and it was fine. Still a bit sore, but manageable. I'm going to tape it for Wednesday, and we will see how things go.

Monday starts me eating right again. I took a two day break, but am back on it. Salad for lunch then Buffalo Tenderloin steaks, salad, and fresh fruit.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Ah... I'm back in my own bed too. Miss Mom's tempurpedic. Might have to spring for one. Maybe we can shop in July when you can negotiate with the seller for me? :-)

Can't wait to go to another match w/you.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home