10 Percent Bigger

Monday, June 16, 2008

Peaks and valleys

Light blogging lately. I could blame the heat, or work, but the reality is, I just haven't had a muse. I started this blog as a way to vent, but had an epiphany. Alcoholics would call it a moment of clarity. I don't have a ton to complain about. This isn't to say, that I can't complain, but the reality is, that compared to 99% of the people in the world I have it easy.

I don't want to go off on too much of a tangent, because like all things my life is peaks and valleys. Some days are great, some days are less so. My BJJ class is a great example. In the last 3 classes I have had a frustrating day, and two good days. Dwelling on the positive, the class Saturday and tonight were in my mind my best classes in awhile. Twice I hit submissions that I hadn't been able to finish previously ( The Biggie Slicer ), and I even was able to tap one of the stronger more seasoned blue belt with an ankle lock. Of course, he then tapped me twice, but baby steps.

My FIL is going in for surgery this week, so I will miss class on Wednesday, but will be there on Saturday, then I'm off to get some new ink.

BTW, this isn't only a BJJ blog. I do talk about other things. Look for a nice Summertime salad recipe coming soon, and maybe a new knife review. Also, I'm shortly going to start another AR-15 build.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger nuttnbunny said...

I've lost a little steam on the blog too. As you said, peaks and valleys.

FIL in our hearts and thoughts.

xo.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Colin Smiley said...

Man, BJJ and AR-15s? Be still my heart...

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home