10 Percent Bigger

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cooking chili

Well, let me be honest, this isn't 100% about cooking chili, I also took some pictures (shocking I know).

First, the chili. A TRUE bowl of Texas Red is a thing of beauty, but let me be clear about one thing. Beans need not apply for a position within my chili. I did use three different kinds of animal however. Ground pork (a little over a pound), two kinds of beef (ground and stew chunks, and ground bison). A total of 7 pounds of meat, 3 pounds of tomatoes (rotel, whole, etc), and varies and sundry spices came together into a combination that can only be described as orgasmic. Not too hot, for the wifey, but with a pleasant kick. Enough to make you sweat, but not make the mouth burn.



Also, a new tool. While out Xmas shopping, we had to pop into Lowes to return a Christmas tree stand we bought (already had one, but it was a bit wonky - turns out it was operator error). While there, I decided to look at the tools, mainly because I heard of this newish wundertool called a fubar. The rumors where true, this thing was made from pure awesome. I bought one for me, and one for Nuttnbunnies hubby for his Xmas gift.



I also bought BBQ sauce for Seattle Sis' husband. Not going to post what I got her, as she tends to read here, but I think she will like it. Next post will be a beer review.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger nuttnbunny said...

Chili, sauce, beer and a tool that makes one want to smash stuff? It just may be a perfect Christmas! :-)

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home