10 Percent Bigger

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Starting off the New Year ...

Well, every year I make a couple New Year Resolutions (I don't really think of them as New Year's Eve resolutions, as I need to think about them for a couple days).

This year, I resolve to:

1. Be positive - I tend to focus on the negative, but I will try and be more positive this year then I was last year.

2. Eat healthier - I'm not talking about the severely restricted diet I did for 8 weeks last year, but I am talking about smaller portions and more veggies.

3. Take more walks - I don't think I take advantage of this enough. Walks are both enjoyable and good for you. Win win in my book.

OK. Now that I got that out of the way, I wanted to add a quick update. BJJ has been fun lately, I think I may have broken through my plateau. Over the holidays, I went and rolled with a purple belt in SWMBO's home town. He gave me a couple pointers, and lots of compliments. Specifically my arm bar defense and really most of my submission defenses were good. I even managed to pass his guard a couple of times (one time it seemed like he let me so I don't know how much was me vs him). My coach said the same thing recently, so maybe I can hit my Blue belt in the next 6 months.

NuttNbunny & one of her friends are coming to visit on the 11th, we are flying down to Harlingen to have some boots made. I'm thinking brown and red or brown and orange. Still not 100% sure. I don't think I want anything crazy like SWMBO does, women can get away with that much more then men can. So, what's the craziest pair of boots you have seen/owned/worn?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger nuttnbunny said...

I've really enoyed the research for the boot project.

Think nuttnhubby and Z could pull off some seriously crazy boots. Of course, hub wuld wear his with jams. The maniac! :-)

Can't wait to see you...

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home