10 Percent Bigger

Monday, July 28, 2008

Finally, a post that isn't a meme/filler

Been busy lately, but then again you rarely hear people say "Man, I haven't had shit to do lately. Sat around and did nothing for the last couple of days!".

I need to get to a range that will let me shot buckshot. I have two shotguns that I need to pattern about 5 different types of rounds. Everything from 00 buck, 1 buck, 4 buck, and several different slugs. Speaking of shotguns, I know I mentioned it, but GT's has awesome prices on used firearms. If you get a chance, check them out. Because they sell primarily to police they are a bit intimidating, but man, talk about a kid in a candy store.

I also spent some time in the Apple store today. I tried once previously, but the stench of SMUG from the iD10T who was working there drove me out. I decided to suck it up and go get an iPhone. They may be supported by the biggest fanbois in the world, but they do make a decent phone (which is more then I can say for Motorola these days).

Rabbiteach and I did a little hiking this weekend. We went to Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve on Loop 360, and did a short hike. She isn't ever going to be an outdoorsey gal, but it is definately growing on her. I think we would have been the long loop, but we started too late and the heat was getting to her.

In other news, apparently my truck is invisible. Who knew that Dodge had perfected a cloaking device for vehicles. Now if I could only figure out how to activate it (or more specifically deactivate it), as I keep accidentally hitting the cloaking field while I'm out driving. That would surely explain why the 16 yo girl decided that she needed to be in the lane I was in, and decided that instead of waiting for my to go buy decided to pull through me. Fortunately I was able to get out of her way (insert sarcasm where appropriate). In fact, in the space of 6 miles I was nearly involved in 4 accidents, and none of them were my fault. One guy rolled through a stop sign, one person pulled an illegal U turn, and another person turned in front of me. Nothing like what happened to AD, but still it was amazing.

One more little rant. This is Texas. It's Summer. Of course it is going to be hot. If you go outside in the middle of the day, expect it to feel like the surface of the Sun. I can't stand to hear people bitch & moan about the heat. This isn't a surprise, you didn't go to sleep in Canada and wake up in Texas, did you? Then why complain? It only bugs the crap out of those around you.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger none said...

I have a huge green SUV that is selectively invisible too.

I try to approach the heat with a positive attitude cause the more I gripe about it the worse it feels.

10:13 AM  
Blogger 10% said...

Isn't it amazing how people can ignore a vehicle that could easily crush their teeny cars?

I had a guy in a miata start drifting into my lane this morning. I gave him a quick beep to let him know, and he flipped me off.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home