10 Percent Bigger

Monday, July 14, 2008

Passed on a pistol

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not made of money. Shocking I know, but I do like to save my pennies for fun things like guns and knives. So, I was very tempted at the Police store on Friday. They had a trade in Smith & Wesson Model 10-5 (a 4 inch .38 Special revolver). I evaluated it based on Xavier's guide lines, and think it was slightly overpriced. Not horribly, and I was still tempted, but I walked away. They wanted $249 for it, and while it locked up tight, the holster wear was a bit much. At $199 I probably would have scooped it up.

I haven't started putting together the AR lowers yet. I 'm goign to start with the Dreamsicle AR first. I'm tempted to pay the $200 tax and make it a SBR (Short Barrel Rifle), so I can put an upper with a barrel less then 16 inches, but want to wait a bit and see if I like it or want to trade it away.



Ink is finished, I'm still pretty sore, but it looks great.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger none said...

I recently bought an old stainless Smith 64-5 for $199. It was scratched up pretty bad but after some metal polish it looks pretty good.

I can't help myself on old Smith and Wessons it's like taking home stray dogs.

4:12 PM  
Blogger 10% said...

Went back to look at the 10-5 again, and it was gone. So, it wasn't meant to be. They did have a police trade-in Mossberg 500. It came home with me. Blog post forthcoming.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home