10 Percent Bigger

Monday, August 18, 2008

Viva! Viva! Las Veeegggggaaaaas

Back from Vegas. The good news, is that my wife, Rabbitteach, has finally decided these aren't boondoggles. She even said something to the effect of "I didn't realize how much you work on these trips." Apparently she got bored while I was working in the booth. Anyway, Vegas was good. No serious flight delays (coming home I had about 45 minutes in DFW but it wasn't horrible).

Vegas has gone through some serious growth since I lived there. They added the Wynn resort (and a 2nd tower), THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay, and they started on a huge building project called City Center. Back in the day people used to go to Vegas for a cheap buffet and gambling, but the nightlife and gastro scene is incredible. However, it isn't cheap anymore. Even the crappy buffets are $27 at night.

While there we decided to go for a good dinner (completely breaking my diet). I had Fois Gras Sliders, Duck Fat fries (Amuse Bouche) , a big dry aged steak, scalloped potatoes with goat cheese and onions, and Creme brulee. It was lovely.

I also managed to win a little cash playing Black Jack while there. In the end, I walked away with a little over $500 in winnings. Rabbitteach lost $40 or so in the slotmachines. We had a good time. Back on the diet wagon this week. If I can get down to my target goal of 205 I get a new tattoo. I'm thinking Foo Dogs this time.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Sounds like a good time.

Vegas finally found out that the tourists are a captive audience and raised the food prices accordingly.

3:32 PM  
Blogger nuttnbunny said...

And I bet the Foo Dogs are thinking of you too :-)

10:58 AM  
Blogger 10% said...

Hammer, it is amazing that they haven't thought of it already. Especially when people are willing to pay $7 for a coffee (I'm guilty of this as well).

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home