10 Percent Bigger

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Retail therapy of a different sort.

Alternate title "Zombies beware". I bought a Kel-tec Sub 2000 9mm carbine. I was a bit skeptical, but figured it might be a good investment (along with a handful of 33 round Glock mags). This thing is a hoot! I ran it through a quick test (100 rounds or so), and was delighted at the grouping and ease of use. The one issue I had, was a fail to eject (FTE), but I think that was somewhat a fluke since the casing actually flipped around backwards and pinched between the bolt and the chamber. I don't anticipate this failure happening again, but will keep an eye out for it.

As mentioned, accuracy was good. At 25 yards I chewed a fist sized hole in the target about 4 inches right of the bullseye. I will adjust the sites eventually, but with a little adjustment to my shooting was able to move the group to the left.

In related news, I forgot how annoying indoor ranges can be once hunting season starts. Don't get me wrong, I love hunting, but setting up next to a guy shooting the latest and greatest magnum cartridge with extra porting can get fairly annoying, especially when shooting smaller calibers in the lane next to them. I realize it wasn't their fault, and talked to the RO to get my lane moved, but the fact that the RO thought it was a good idea to put them right next to me makes me wonder. There is nothing like trying to shoot small groups in paper with a .22 and feeling the concusive blast from one (or two) lanes over. Heck, I was impressed some of these guys could keep it on the paper with the flinch they were developing. Then again, at least they were getting out and shooting.

In other news, I have been keeping steady with my weight. I had a scale malfunction yesterday. When I first stepped on, it read 221. A re-weigh put me at 224. Not a huge difference I know, but when trying to get to a lower weight class 3 pounds is big. I also got my first stripe on my Blue belt, so I have that going for me. After NAGA Dallas, I think I'm going to start the tattoo on my other shoulder.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home